Thank you to everyone who has participated in NSTA's “Win a Trip to #NSTA17 Los Angeles” contest. Congratulations to our winners.
Grand-Prize: Sarah Maggard receive registration, travel courtesy of Southwest Airlines, and hotel accommodations to the 2017 NSTA National Conference in Los Angeles, California
Second Place: Aylia Kellam and Eric Hotz will receive free registration and travel courtesy of Southwest Airlines to the 2017 NSTA National Conference
Third Place: Steve Watts, Julia Ward, and Karen Thomas will receive free travel courtesy of Southwest Airlines
Winners make sure to check your emails for directions on claiming your prize. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
#NSTA17 Los Angeles will be the science event of the year. Browse our session browser and download our justification letter. Check out the conference strands below to learn more about the national conference.
NGSS: The Next Generation of Science Teaching
2017: A STEM Odyssey
Science & Literacy Reloaded
Mission Possible: Equity for Universal Access
#NSTA17 Los Angeles Sweepstakes
Six (6) winners will be selected on December 22, 2016. One (1) grand-prize winner will be awarded a voucher good for travel on Southwest Airlines, registration to the 2017 NSTA National Conference on Science Education, and a room in an NSTA conference hotel. Two (2) second-place winners will receive a voucher good for travel on Southwest Airlines and registration to the 2017 NSTA National Conference on Science Education. Three (3) third-place winners will receive a voucher good for travel on Southwest Airlines. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, and reside in the United States, and travel to and from airports serviced by Southwest Airlines. The following terms apply.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The #NSTA16 Los Angeles Sweepstakes is open to those who sign up at the online sweepstakes page and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees and Board members of the National Science Teachers Association (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the National Science Teachers Association as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about 11:00 a.m. ET on December 12, 2016, and ending at 5:00 PM ET on December 22, 2016.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the National Science Teachers Association. You may enter once per day using the online form, and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the National Science Teachers Association. If participants share the campaign via social media, they will get one (1) extra entry per share with a possible total of 5 extra entries from sharing.
5. Prizes: Six (6) winners will be selected on December 22, 2016. One (1) grand-prize winner will be awarded a voucher good for travel on Southwest Airlines, registration to the 2017 NSTA National Conference on Science Education, and a room in an NSTA conference hotel. Two (2) second-place winners will receive a voucher good for travel on Southwest Airlines and registration to the 2017 NSTA National Conference on Science Education. Three (3) third-place winners will receive a voucher good for travel on Southwest Airlines. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the National Science Teachers Association to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via an email sent to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within (2) business days following the winner selection. The National Science Teachers Association shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that the National Science Teachers Association, anyone acting on behalf of the National Science Teachers Association, or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters and promotional materials periodically from the National Science Teachers Association. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
9. Terms: The National Science Teachers Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, The National Science Teachers Association may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The National Science Teachers Association. The National Science Teachers Association reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The National Science Teachers Association has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The National Science Teachers Association reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless The National Science Teachers Association and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Virginia, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The National Science Teachers Association, Social Media Department, 1840 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22201. Requests must be received no later than February 1, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The National Science Teachers Association, Social Media Department, 1840 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22201